Moderate Exercise Can Save The Day
Have you ever felt tired and stressed out from work or school and by the time you get home you’re full out of steam and can’t wrap your mind around exerting another ounce of energy for the day? Instead of giving in to your perceived exhaustion, why not indulge in some exercise? You will be surprised by the amount of energy you will have after at least 30-minutes of activity.
By exercising at a moderate pace for only 30 minutes, you will feel a lot better, physically as well as mentally. It has been proven that moderate exercise improves the appetite and sharpens your problem solving ability. Not only that. You will also feel that it is easier to sleep at night.
Here are some moderate exercises you can do and enjoy:
- Take a walk. Make use of your surroundings. You can walk with your dog, with your partner or child. Encourage your family to do the walking exercise daily and you will find yourself burning calories while enjoying the surroundings and spending time with family or friends.
- Discover the wonders of yoga. Yoga is one effective exercise that energizes not only your body but also your soul. A five-minute yoga exercise can perk you up and recharge your body with the energy you lost for the whole day. You relax and at the same time you stretch!
- Engage in sports. Play basketball, volleyball, softball, tennis or soccer. Many doctors have recommended sports as an effective way to stay fit and healthy.
- Join exercise programs at work. If you do not have an exercise programs at work, then why not start one? You can talk to your boss about it and start with your colleagues. You will not only lose calories but also have an opportunity to bond with your co-workers. This can be done during your lunch hour for 30 minutes, 3 times a week.
- Exercise while doing household chores. Gardening, raking leaves, mowing the lawn, doing the laundry, vacuuming and washing the car are all effective moderate exercises. Make use of these chores to sweat and burn calories.
Making at least 30 minuties of moderate exercise part of your daily routine will surprisingly help you manage your weight and keep you energized throughout the day. Even when you are dog-tired, don’t despair. Spend just a few minutes to take care of one of your most precious assets, your body.
Tagged sports, walking, yoga